Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Wait is Almost Over!!

In less than 24 hours I will be boarding a plane to London. In my mind it just doesn't feel real. I guess you could say that my brain hasn't wrapped around that fact that tomorrow is the day that I have been counting down to for the last 6 months. In less than 24 hours I will be on a plane en route to the one place I have always wanted to visit. To say I have a mixture of emotions right now would be an understatement. But overall I would say that I am ready!
                Nerves? Yes I have them. I feel like that is normal though. Although I have traveled a little in the past, I have never been out of the United States. Therefore I am feeling quite nervous about traveling by myself to a country I have never been. To me that is just part of the adventure, taking on new things and proving to yourself that you can do them.
In preparation for leaving, today I spent my whole day packing. Those who know me will attest that it is just like me to wait till the last minute to do everything. So today I was running around like crazy getting everything in order to leave. All in all I got it done and I am all packed and ready to go. While I was packing I realized that one of the hardest parts about getting ready to leave is packing. I have no clue what I am going to need for a month while I am there. Therefore, this lead to me wanting to pack everything I owned. I had to go through my piles of clothes multiple times to narrow down exactly what I needed. In the end, I realized that I would just have to take a little bit of everything.

Tomorrow marks another fantastic adventure in my life. I am so excited for all of the things that I am about to experience and all of the people that I am about to meet.